Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,535   Online: 1135

Shooter
    Medium Format

Horseman 6x12 back or Da-Yi

I am looking for a second 6x12 back for my Cambo Wide series, so I can shoot both color and b/w.

I have a Da-Yi 6x12 and I have to say I'm quite happy with it. No light leaks or whatsoever. Transporting the film is a bit less convenient that the Horseman.

So I am thinking of either buying another, new Da-Yi or a secondhand Horseman.

The Da-Yi I own is this one:

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/...t_detail&p=122

Could anyone tell me if there is a significant difference in the Da-Yi and the Horseman when it comes to sharpness? I have no 6x12 Horseman to compare. Just wondering if I should get another Da-Yi or spend extra bucks and get a Horseman.

Thanks.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I cannot speak for the 612 DaYi back; however, I have a 617 DaYi Shift II, and the back on it is fine. The beauty of it is the split pressure plate (i.e twin, independent spring-loaded plate) that holds the film flat on both sides of centre.

If the DaYi 612 has the same (albeit less wide) design, I cannot see how the Horseman could be any, let alone significantly, better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I just stick with my Da Yi then, I found a nice and cheap brandnew Sinar Vario Zoom 2, so will compare with that. Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Horseman backs are pretty much considered the standard when it comes to precision and film plane
    accuracy. I'm certainly happy with mine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin