Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,306   Online: 759

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

What 4x5 enlargers are out there?

I have a Beseler 23c for 35mm and 120 work but the enlargers i see on Clist either
    -don't know what its for, estate sale,etc
    -only work up to 120 size.
    'What enlargers ,used, can i get? thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Simmons Omega D series. I actually have three in my garage, two of which I'd like to get rid of. Live near Boston?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending where you are, there should be a few Beseler 45 series maybe some LPL 7452 (aka Saunders 4550) along with the Omega D's

Those would be the most common in North America. All with a variety of light sources available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume you are in US—in Europe, especially UK and Ireland, you will find a used De Vere 504 relatively easily, or you can buy a refurbished one from Odyssey Sales. If one comes your way, wherever you live, consider it, as they are built like a tank and preform very well. Otherwise, the Saunders/LPL 4550 is pretty impressive, too, and quite popular in US. I assume you are looking for up to 4x5, above that it gets harder, look out for an Elwood.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if in europe ,also look for a durst l1200, if you're lucky or consider to go for 8x10 and start contact printing.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Beseler 4x5 will allow you to use your current negative holders.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    The Beseler 4x5 will allow you to use your current negative holders.
    no they won't. You can use the same lens boards
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beseler 45M series, great machine, lots of them available for little or nothing.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    if in europe ,also look for a durst l1200
    Know of a pair of L1200 enlargers for sale in the UK. Collect only (not mine).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Simmons Omega D series. I actually have three in my garage, two of which I'd like to get rid of. Live near Boston?
    I had to smile when I read of rawhead's three Omega D enlargers, since three is how many I have. Then I remembered the fourth one I got free with the purchase of a dry mount press. It was disassembled and on the way for scrap when I rescued it. This summer, I was at a photographer's yard sale. He mentioned having 2 or 3 4X5 enlargers and a 5X7 Omega he wanted to sell. I made the mistake of getting his phone number, and that 5X7 keeps running through my mind, even though I already have a 5X7 Elwood. There must be a good reason for having an extra 5X7 enlarger, isn't there? Elwood is a name to add to your list of enlargers to watch. The 5X7 ones sometimes show up on eBay. They are almost always sold for pick up only, no shipping, so you may be the only bidder in your area and get one cheap. With one of those, you can do 4X5, and start looking for a 5X7 camera.

Len

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin