Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,523   Posts: 1,543,813   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Replacement ground glass improperly installed, 1% of total focusing error.
    Taking lens f5.6 Symmar, mount shimmed out 10 mm from lens board.
    Viewing lens f4.5 Xenar.
    Lens board not flush with front standard at top when installed, 1.5mm error.
    A 6.7 mm shim between the view lens mount ring and lens board along with correcting lens board error put focus difference less than 1/2 stop from infinity to 6 foot focused distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    International Camera Technicians in Mountain View.
    He is still in business. He just did an overhaul of my Copal shutter.

I remember seeing one of those at the Hayward Camera Show (camera mart). I was tempted to buy it, just for the heck of it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the referral to Int'l Camera, but you should note that I now use Shutterfinger (aka Charles: see his earlier post) for repairing the Gowlandflex and my Graphics. Pix are tack sharp and spot on. Charles is indeed a genius.

BTW the Oakland repair place was an utter disaster. I shan't mention names, but the guy got it to about 85% fixed (if that). Charles had to undo everything and start from scratch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin