Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,129   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Why do you shoot LF?

So, why do you shoot LF? Is it just the neg size or is it the DOF? Is it the slowness of the process even when compared to manual MF. If it's the big size, how big do you print? I'm really tempted to try it, but not really sure why.

Cheers, Wojtek.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The neg size, perspective control, DOF control and mainly, it slows me down.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quite a few of us here in Victoria shooting LF/ULF. Can't speak for all of us, but I'd be happy to give you a hand working this out if you need it!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do it because it is fun and interesting....and the big negatives are easier to print....and believe it or not, it is cheaper than shooting small format.
    Last edited by BradS; 01-03-2013 at 10:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I shoot LF simply because I like the way the available lenses render the image.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The same as what Mainecoonmaniac & LJH said.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For me, the combination of the larger film and some vintage lens can generate some unique visual character that is different from MF, 35mm, or digital. For example, some portraits with Aero Ektar in 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    Why do you shoot LF?
    Ever seen a large or ultra-large format contact print?

Not a slightly wavy one made under a sheet of glass held down by gravity. But one clamped down by 2,000+ pounds of air pressure in a vacuum contact printing easel?

You would know...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i use large format because it is a requirement for some of the work that i do.
    it is primarily because of perspective control and because the negative is large enough
    to view a contact print as a proof.
    but that is what i tell people, the real reason i do it is because it is fun.
    im empty, good luck

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin