Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,891   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Bosscreens / intenscreens

Hi Guys,

I own two largeformat cameras: one linhof technikardan bisystem and one Horseman 45HF.

I am not satisfied with either focusing screens.

I want to buy one intenscreen for m horseman, and a bosscreen for the linhof.

But I cannot have any information from Bosscreen. They read my email, but never answer.

Do somebody know if they are still in activity?
    Last edited by Aurelien; 01-14-2013 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the Horseman HF should have come with a fresnel sandwiched with the ground glass, just like the FA. Is that so on your camera? I'd not replace the screens on that camera unless you know how the check the focus to ensure you new screen is in the correct place.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    4 years ago I posted a link to the german importer of Bosscreens from which could be deduced that the manufacture of those screens had been stopped.
    That link as my memory have vanished...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I believe the Horseman HF should have come with a fresnel sandwiched with the ground glass, just like the FA. Is that so on your camera? I'd not replace the screens on that camera unless you know how the check the focus to ensure you new screen is in the correct place.
    Yes , I have the fresnel from Horseman.
    So I should replace only the focusing screen, no?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    Yes , I have the fresnel from Horseman.
    So I should replace only the focusing screen, no?
    I think the problem is going to be the Bosscreen needs to be the only screen to give you any potential benefit.
    I think the original setup on the Horseman is fantastic, it is a high quality glass and plastic fresnel. Look at the way the cross lines on the screen are formed from 'clear' areas rather than opaque lines. I'm surprised you don't find it adequate. Are you using a very slow lens?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin