Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,507   Online: 1019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

NEW TO 4/5 FORMAT

HI GUYS ive just got a4/5 wista camera im new to 4/5format can any one tell me how to use it.it has a150mm lens .the camera is wood and brass and folds iuse i use a mamiya rz67 at moment i may of jumped in at the deep end but i just want to learn i no about the front and rear standards i just want to no what to do after setting the standards.menythanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve, I'm new to 4x5 and camera movements. I started out by watching some YouTube vids on large format cameras and photography. I then loaded up some film, and started to take images. I basically looked through the ground glass and adjusted the movements, until I liked what I saw through the glass. Then took the shot.

Hope this helps somewhat.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    THANK YOU pfilz your words of wisdom have helped me,so getting every thing in focus on back glass is key objectiv sounds easy???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Large Format Photography site that Brian mentions has everything you need to know to get started. You really can't pick what you want to know and think you're getting off on the right foot. Every aspect is contingent upon others. It's all interwoven and will make sense when practiced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks brian for web site ,printed every thing off thanks again stevep51

Shooter
    Medium Format
    bruce love the sharpness off the photos,thanks for info stevep ps keep up the lovely photos

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just saw the wood/brass Wista in a shop in London, absolutely beautiful camera.

I'm something of an armchair 4x5 shooter, i.e. I don't shoot large format at the moment, but I like to read about it. I find a lot of the Youtube videos helpful, and also, I'd get a cheap loupe to make sure you're in focus. I use one on a 6x9 camera with ground glass, and it's pretty helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, Steve... I don't do well reading. I'm more of a hands on person. Just pretty much how I even started my studio. Bought lights, camera, and went for it. Same goes for my brief film exposure. I just put a hood over my head, and looked and adjusted until I liked what I wanted. Then metered for the right lighting, and pop off the shot.

Just me though. Your mileage may vary.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Images
    Welcome to the slippery slope. Just imagine how cool an 8x10 would be.

The best thing I did when learning was to put the camera on the tripod and play. No film just play with movements.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin