Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,181   Online: 711

Shooter
    Multi Format

How to Rotate a Sinar P to Portrait Orientation

I guess the subject title is self-evident, but I have a slightly embarrassing question on how to orient a Sinar P (one from the 70's, I think?) into the portrait or vertical orientation. I haven't been able to figure it out myself. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Tim

there are 2 ways
    the normal way is to unclip the back with that little clip on the top left of the rear standard
    take off the ground glass/film holder and rotate it to portrait and clip it back on
    another way is to slacken the rail holder and tilt the whole camera off to the side into portrait mode but this makes operating a bit awkward and puts the tripod off balance a bit which mat cause other problems

hope this helps

robin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I haven't tried it yet but it makes sense.

-Tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    The first way Robin told you is the correct way.

The second way can of course be done but I wouldn't know why you would ever want to do that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin