Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,070   Online: 882

Thread: Squeezy Bulb

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Squeezy Bulb

I just got a vintage 1887 Prosch Duplex lens & shutter. It's a ~8 inch rapid rectilinear lens with wheel stops. I calculated it to be f8. I think I figured out how to operate the shutter. A squeezy bulb came with it, but it's likely older than I am. Where can I get a new bulb for this lens, and rubber tubing? Surely someone sells it. It's a cool lens. I can't wait to mount it on my Chamonix 045n. Anyone have any idea what the three shutter speeds are? I'm guessing 25-50-100.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ask freestyle -- or b&h perhaps.

Maybe a replacement blood pressure bulb from a medical equipment company or large drug store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    you could get a modern air bulb release shutter cable and take the bulb off... there's one going in the classifieds right now for $20, Kaiser or something. or maybe a turkey baster with an air fitting tapped into the end?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sole bulbs of various sizes made from PVC and rubber quite similar to those from bulb release attachments are available via a chemicals/lab supplier.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-26-2013 at 04:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might try : ( http://www.packardshutter.com/ ). They might have what you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I rigged up a temporary makeshift airbulb set-up using a baby nose aspirator and a piece of automotive vacuum tube. Total cost was about $3. It's not pretty but I've been using it for the last 6 or 8 years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin