Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,241   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well for 150-200 dollars, an old (tax deductable) Cambo or two is simple cheap indestructable and replacable. A casepacks it away between classes.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, good luck with your class!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm looking for a camera I can let the students use, as well as use it myself if the need arises. Most of my students I expect will be adult learners, not teens, and they'll be using the camera with direct supervision, so I'm not too terribly worried about indestructibility. I do want enough functionality that they'll be able to use the camera for whatever subject they want, be it tabletop still-life, macro, portraiture or architecture/landscape without limitations of the camera getting in the way.

Images
    My vote would be for the Sinar. Pretty prevalent in the used market, lots of add ons. Bullet Proof.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    It is true, I regret starting out with Cambo for one reason only; the Sinar shutter and barrel lenses. But it took me quite a few years to progress to that stage of disease. With all my lenses on Cambo boards, I have adjusted by using an adaptor to put the shutter into the system. Before that I was happy with the less expensive Cambo.
    I agree, if you are going to use it yourself, go Sinar for the shutter you will want in the future.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin