Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,129   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I recall, the quality of the filter made a difference on my Zeiss 28-85 zoom for Contax. I bought a multi-coated filter and the lens exhibited less flare compared to single or non coated filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the filter used is only one piece of glass, but it is generally the FIRST piece of glass if it is mounted in front of the lens. I tend to go for MC filters.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I typically buy coated filters, but I have also used non-coated filters and been happy with the result.

I usually don't get too worried about image degradation. Actually, the entire reason I am using filters in the first place IS to effect the image. I never use a filter to protect the lens, instead I want the color adjustment or the polarizing effect. If not, I see no reason to use it. So, as long as the filter glass is quality glass to start with, I figure I am getting what I want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin