Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,198   Online: 1161

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format

won't work well

These won't work well for a variety of reasons. Mainly it puts out a tiny amount of light (relatively speaking) when used in that mode. And it might not be long enough for the Speed graphic FP shutter, even in that mode. (Talking about the Oly F280 flash here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    What about the pulsed electronic flashes? Has anyone adapted something like the Olympus flash for OM-4T for FP sync?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I haven't shot my Heiland with my 4x5 and Ektar 127 yet, but I shoot M3 bulbs with my 1950s Canon IVSB rangefinder. It's for fun factor and nostolgia really. I still find them cheap. A couple weeks ago I got 6 boxes of M3 an M3B rubber banded together at a thrift store for $5. That's 14 cents a pop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootar401 View Post
    I have enough flashbulbs to last the rest of my life. Roughly 3,000 or so. Mostly edison base, with about 500-600 Press 25's & 5B's And 2 unopened cases of Bantaom 8's. I used about 100 or so a year, mostly when I want to try something different or have a style I want to mimic.

I have 4 more tupperware cases filled with bulbs.

Attachment 63563
    Only 4?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Were there older (lens) shutters that had M synch but not X?
    Yes, and others without synch but connected via solenoid, giving only the possibility of a M-synch-like delay.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I shoot 4x5, and use both strobe and flashbulbs.

One reason to use flashbulbs is because they result in a different look than strobe. This may have to do with how black and white film reacts to flash bulbs vs. strobe. Flash bulbs give a longer duration blast of light than strobe, and with a broader spectrum of wavelengths of light. Film reacts differently with creamier highlights and improved shadow detail compared to strobe.

Flashbulbs are also light, powerful, and highly portable. They come in different output strengths, and are especially good for bounced light lighting.

Give it a try!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin