Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,188   Online: 869

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Gossen Starlite 1 vs 2

I'm curious if anyone can comment about differences in the Starlite 1 vs 2 meters. Reading through the manuals didn't enlighten me about what changed between model 1 and 2.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So am I, as I have the original Starlite. An excellent meter but does have a couple of problems, these being the connection between the meter body and the head, and the disc that changes between spot and incident.
    My connector broke, and the rotating disc also seized on the incident setting. Both have been repaired but seems to be a bit of a weakness there. I do use the meter a lot and expose it to fairly hard conditions from time to time. Mind you, my old Lunasix never gave a moments trouble.
    The Starlite is still a great meter, convenient and very accurate, and using a single AA battery helps too. BTW, my meter seems to eat the battery pretty fast...does anyone else have this problem?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Gossen Starlite 1 vs 2

I have a Starlite vs 1 when it needed repairing I sent it back to Gossen who give an excellent service by the way and it came back with a vs2 head which has a more tactile control for changing from spot etc and different graphics on the head, apart from that there doesn't seem to be any technical difference as far as I know.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    The Starlite is still a great meter, convenient and very accurate, and using a single AA battery helps too. BTW, my meter seems to eat the battery pretty fast...does anyone else have this problem?
    I got mine used just last year. It drained a rechargeable battery pretty quickly. I don't use it all the time, so my solution is to install the battery when I want to use it and remove it when done.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the responses. When I read the specs of the two meters, there didn't seem to be any difference. Used Starlite 1's are quite a bit cheaper than 2's but it is a bit worrisome that the head attachment seems weak. I was thinking about the Starlite as others pointed out it uses an ordinary aa battery, which can be bought almost anywhere.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin