Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,463   Online: 829

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some desert landscapes would be nice, or pictures of the sea. You live in a nice place, we used to live in Al Ain when I was still a kid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    Some desert landscapes would be nice, or pictures of the sea. You live in a nice place, we used to live in Al Ain when I was still a kid.
    Oh, didn't know you were living in Al Ain.

Well, i am not into desert photography at all, and about the sea, yes, this is one thing i am gonna do, but not from beginning, and your comment that i live in a beautiful place, well, the only beautiful thing here is the sun and warm weather for about 3-4 months and then very hot humid weather for the rest of the year, also cheap food.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tareq, Congrats, can't wait to see your shots from the lens. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Tareq, Congrats, can't wait to see your shots from the lens. Don
    Thank you, Don!

Yes, can't wait to use the lens, but i don't have printing device and no darkroom, and here they want almost only prints, you will not see anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lens arrived the country, and it will be delivered by Saturday, and the customs duty for it is about $130, and i really don't know where did people say that UAE is free of Tax, we are "Call for Duty".

Anyhow, i have to wait few days until i feel fine after that bad customs duty or TAX.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Hafit tombs look like something you can take your time over. Jebel Hafit looks good. Al Ain fort and oasis. Jebel Mileiha. Hatta and Hajar mountains. Wadi Wurrayah.
    Looks like there is so much more than sand and water
    Tell Abraq may be closer to Ajman and looks interesting.
    http://www.exploretheemirates.com/#/explore-emirates
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    The Hafit tombs look like something you can take your time over. Jebel Hafit looks good. Al Ain fort and oasis. Jebel Mileiha. Hatta and Hajar mountains. Wadi Wurrayah.
    Looks like there is so much more than sand and water
    Tell Abraq may be closer to Ajman and looks interesting.
    http://www.exploretheemirates.com/#/explore-emirates

HEHE, so you google it and you name them for me?

Well, those areas are all far away from me, but i am thinking about some places nearby, there is an area with full houses empty old, i think look like ruins, but they always keep a horror stories about that isolated place, as it is full of ghosts or what we call it "Jinn".

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ah well, I have no idea of distances or ease of travel.
    but I have seen some marvelous non sand images from U.A.E.
    By the way, you know you will have to use infrared film to get the Jinn to record.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Ah well, I have no idea of distances or ease of travel.
    but I have seen some marvelous non sand images from U.A.E.
    By the way, you know you will have to use infrared film to get the Jinn to record.
    Its ok, i invite you to visit my country and see around.

Well, i am not into shooting infrared [means not into Jinn],

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finally i received the lens just now few minutes ago.

What a gem or beauty! I hope this lens will open my joy in large format, wish if it was here yesterday, today is last day of the weekend and i will be busy today, tomorrow until Thursday i have work and coming back tired, so i hope i can have photos as soon as possible and post something here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin