Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,509   Online: 1020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

My LF lens is coming

WOW

An update: My lens is shipped, and now i have to wait its arrival, WOW, i thought i will wait about 2-3 weeks until the lens is in stock then shipped, but to my surprise by sudden i checked out my email and there is the tracking number.

Well, what i should shoot when i get the lens? I am not good in LF yet and i don't want to shoot 1-3 sheets only and i don't want to develop by trays, i have the mod54 so i want at least 6 sheets to process, what to shoot?

I am so thrilled, can't wait!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I placed the order last week but the lens was out of stock, and the sales told me it will be in stock within 3-6 weeks, so i gave up and told myself i have to wait until end of February and see if the lens will show up in stock with them ans then shipped to me, but as i said, they didn't take longer than 1 week [i feel even it didn't complete 1 week] until they shipped it to me, still there in US and i check out the tracking everyday now, fingers crossin.............

Now i have to plan for which next LF lens to get later in the future, but i think i should think about a darkroom now for my LF, otherwise you will not see any shots from me as i will only depend on scan for now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you are really looking forward to some serious photography. Good luck!
    Beware of GAS ("Now I have to plan for which next LF lens to get..."), but that is probably inevitable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Sounds like you are really looking forward to some serious photography. Good luck!
    Beware of GAS ("Now I have to plan for which next LF lens to get..."), but that is probably inevitable.
    I am, but who knows, first i have to enjoy and take my time experimenting this lens, it will open my joy with LF.

What is GAS? Also this is not in control, once getting one camera or one lens then the bug doing its job to addict for more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome. The illness that strikes us all, with a drive to get more... and more... and more...
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome. The illness that strikes us all, with a drive to get more... and more... and more...
    Ah ok, thanks!

So,i am not the only one, also it is not the first time, i had this disease since 2006

Well, Whether i buy another lens or not doesn't matter, i have time to save budget and also it will not be very soon unless i feel i need another lens, for now i have to use the lens once i receive it soon and later i can worry about another lens, in 3-5 months i will have a budget to buy 2 lenses not just one so i never worry after 3-5 months if i have a budget or no.

Shooter
    Multi Format

My LF lens is coming

What lens did you purchase and was it new or used?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ley View Post
    What lens did you purchase and was it new or used?
    Schneider SA 72mm XL f/5.6, Brand New.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Schneider SA 72mm XL f/5.6, Brand New.
    Ouch! On a positive note, I bet your wallet is a lot more comfortable to sit on now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PanaDP View Post
    Ouch! On a positive note, I bet your wallet is a lot more comfortable to sit on now.
    Well, on 2010 i was just standard, 2011 down very bad, 2012 recovered, so now this year i have a hunger for photography and gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin