Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,282   Posts: 1,534,902   Online: 809

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The anniversary boards are quite simple. As Nicholai has said, I have made quite a few of them–some as simple as black foam-core board for short term trials of barrel lenses I had access to but didn't own or want to more permanently mount.

The 4" square, 1/4" thick, is flat and needs only to have its bottom edge beveled on the inside so that the board can be tilted into its slot on the standard. Another layer of material can be added to the back, with at least a 1/4" set-back from all sides to act as a further light trap, but I haven't found it necessary. My most commonly used material for boards is Masonite, or hardboard. MDF (medium density fiberboard) seems to be taking over in most situations around here (eastern US) for many applications and I have also made boards with that. I usually just draw two lines from corner to corner on the front to mark the center and drill out the lens opening. For up to 1 3/4" I use an old-fashioned hand drill using an auger bit. A hole drill is used for the larger openings needed for old brass projection lenses, etc. I make the blanks 4 or 5 at a time and drill the holes as needed. If you are careful in your measurements, the threads of a lens or shutter without a flange can be screwed right into the masonite, cutting its own way in as it goes. Wax helps. I haven't had any problems, but you should be careful to make sure they are firmly attached to the board before you go jogging around with the camera and have the lens fall off!

I sold the Anniversary Speed to Nicholai and now have to figure out new strategies. The Pacemaker boards are much more difficult to jury-rig.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    The Pacemaker boards are much more difficult to jury-rig.
    They are also ridiculously cheap to buy new approx $40 for 3 from Heavystar on Ebay.

I've made my own for my pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic, as you say they are very simple.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread reminds me that one of my planned projects for the little milling machine I bought last year is a pacemaker board.
    No project is worthwhile unless it involves getting new tools.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    This thread reminds me that one of my planned projects for the little milling machine I bought last year is a pacemaker board.
    My dad thinks of projects he can make which will need new toys, er tools.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    My dad thinks of projects he can make which will need new toys, er tools.
    I think of tools I want, then find projects for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Make a few extra once you've set up the jig and I'll make it worth your while

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How true!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I think of tools I want, then find projects for them.
    I'd bet he does, too. I think my mom lets him think she hasn't figured that out, too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    . . . The Pacemaker boards are much more difficult to jury-rig.
    Flat boards of fairly thin aluminum work with the Pacemaker with an accurately sized light trap attached to the back. This can be plywood, foam rubber, felt, foamcore, or almost anything else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin