Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,241   Online: 956

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Advise on 12" Metrogon

Hi,

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone has experience with this lens? There is one currently on the big auction site and I was wondering about its performance, image circle, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

Thanks
    Paramat

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    What format are you looking to cover? With what camera?

If it's 11x14 or 7x17, a 305mm G Claron will cover stopped down. It also comes in a shutter and is significantly more compact/lighter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Per USAF data sheets, the 12"/6.3 Metrogon covers 80 degrees. That's ~ 500 mm. Here's the enthusiast site: http://www.metrogon.20megsfree.com/ If 90 degrees, as people claim on the Internet, 600 mm. The USAF data sheet also says that its AWAR (Super X film, high contrast target, Wratten 12 filter) wide open is 17 lp/mm. A G-Claron isn't it, though, they cover less than 80 degrees. 72 if you're picky.

If you need an 80 degree 300 mm lens, I think there are better choices, especially considering the cost of putting the Metrogon in a shutter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Guys

I appreciate the info, I am trying to cover the 14x17 format .

Hmmm Ill have to give it some thought.

Cheers
    Paramat

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin