Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,630   Online: 983

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Brian, age and frailness are no excuse for bad packing and negligence. They're also no excuse for work charged for and not done.
    I wasn't talking specifically about your situation, just the situation of using a retired guy in general.

But having the experience for several years now of working with several old and frail people (for some reason I seem to be a magnet for the old tymers who just can't retire)... the incidence of forgetfullness and error is indeed much higher than one would expect. The benefit, though... these guys have "seen it all" and have a wealth of historical inforamtion in their heads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, Fred Lustig is off my list for everything.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, Steve... you are easily influenced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Wow, Steve... you are easily influenced.
    My parents did not raise any stupid children.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    My parents did not raise any stupid children.
    Mine did. Fred installed a Maxwell screen on my Chamonix 45N-1 a few years ago and did a great job. Bill suggested Fred due to proper shimming needed. Fred did it properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fred Lustig worked on my speed a few years back, and did a great job, though was a bit expensive.
    However, dealing with him was a bit informal, and while I have nothing against him, and he did a really great job for me,
    I was worried that he would die halfway through the repair of my gear or something.

I plan to use 45PSS for the Graflex SLR overhaul.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've had two Century Graphics CLA'ed and repaired by 45PSS and they both came back working great. One had a badly bent bed hinge and he was able to straighten it out and get everything aligned perfectly. Prices were very reasonable, and communication via email was excellent, turn around time was less than estimated. You can find 45PSS over on Graflex.org.

Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin