Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,986   Online: 1061

Shooter
    Multi Format

Focus hood for Sinar F1?

Is there a focus hood made specifically for the Sinar F1? I'm looking for a collapsible hood similar to what you might find on a Wista or Toyo field camera. It needs to be collapsible to fit in my back-pack, and I would like to add one without modification to the current camera back.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that the sliding bar along one of the short sides of the back of your camera can be used to attach a spare bellows, which, in turn, can be attached to the Sinar binocular focusing hood, which also has a built-in magnifier. Its kind of what you're after, though 'small' is not a term I would casually use to describe the setup.
    My real name is Patrick, not Joe. Long Story.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I second the suggestion of using a Sinar bellows as a focusing aid. The bellows is much deeper than the type of focusing hood on the Toyo Field so it is much better for blocking light from hitting the ground glass, especially the wide angle bellows. I have a Sinar and a Toyo Field and I can tell you from experience that the hood on the Toyo is almost useless for viewing in sunlight. I use it folded to protect the ground glass but always remove it for shooting and use a focusing cloth. The bellows on the Sinar does a much better job of darkening the ground glass even used alone without the binocular focusing plate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    use the binocular light drop attached to a bag bellows. Compact and simple.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    its' this one I think

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...DfuEdofHaQ.jpg

alternately one of these:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/For-Sinar-4x5-MONOCULAR-REFLEX-VIEWING-HOOD-/00/s/NDAwWDM5OQ==/$(KGrHqRHJD!E7BcvhrRMBO1JOhT!Sw~~60_35.JPG

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin