Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,158   Online: 903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Gem Camera

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ray Gem Camera

Hi all. I got a beat up Ray Gem Camera from 1900's and after putting new leather and oiling the mechanism I would like to take few shots with it. The problem I have is that I don't have plate holders for it, so I searched high and low for them on Ebay, but nothing that fits turned out. I am asking here because I hope that someone might have one for sale or knows where to get one. The plate holders need to be .5" thick. Thank you

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Kris,

Where are you ? I think Ian Grant , an forum member, is the best advisor from England. PM him if he does not write here.

Good luck,

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kris--what are the dimensions of the holder you need (aside from the .5" thickness)? Are you looking specifically for a plate holder or would a film holder be preferable?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Barry, I would prefer a film holder. Once I get back home I will measure the camera's plate portion and post the dims.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ok--I have a box of miscellaneous old holders and will check if anything might work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kris; See if there is a number after the name Ray Camera. I looked in my 'McKeown's' and there were quite a few different types.
    Like another poster wrote, we need dimensions.

Francis in VT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Kris,

Where are you ? I think Ian Grant , an forum member, is the best advisor from England. PM him if he does not write here.

Good luck,
    It's a US, Rochester, camera so chances are plate/film holders are quite different to British ones which where mostly bookform.

So Barry is more likely to be able to help. I do have a big pile of 5x4 DDS plate holders and adaptors for film but these are all modern style to fit International backs.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry it took so long to respond. The overall size of the holder would have to be 4.75" x 6.5"x 0.5"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kris-- That's suspiciously close to the size of a modern 4x5 film holder. Have you tried fitting a standard Fidelity/Lisco/Riteway type film holder?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, Barry. I will try that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin