Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,837   Online: 792

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Graphic No. 2 Kodak Supermatic Shutter Repair

Unfortunately I went in over my head and decided it was a splendid idea to dive into this shutter looking to fix the speeds. Would anyone happen to have any manuals or breakdown images of this particular lens to make sure I get everything back together correctly?

I've got basically the entire lens apart, and currently have the aperture back together and working, its just the rest of the assembly I feel isn't sitting flush and is binding somewhere. I think the spring that rests right by the aperture leafs is the issue. I'm curious if the spring is just supposed to be laying straight across or if it is supposed to form along the edge of the curve around the barrel? (second picture I think answers this question.)

any help with this topic is greatly appreciated. and PS, I have tried searching near and far without having to pay for a service manual.

I've uploaded a few images to help explain my predicament with the springs especially. In the second image there are 3-4 micro lever springs that I'm having trouble locating their resting spots.

-Drew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0837.jpg   IMG_0838.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did the exact same thing (shutter speeds slow, disassembled the shutter, managed to break it and had to buy a new one), I think the spring near the aperture (in the first picture) was curved, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure.

If you PM me your mail I could send you a PDF of a scanned service manual, it didn't do me much good but maybe you are a bit more technically minded.
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have one that's been sitting in lighter fluid for months now. I think I could use that manual (and a pair of reading glasses to see what I'm doing with all those little bits

dan

Shooter
    35mm
    That would be excellent, thanks! Pm Sent.

-Drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good luck, you will need it.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contact Bert Saunders at www.graflex.org. He is a retired Graflex and Graphic repairman who will walk you through the repair via email. He taught me to repair focal plane shutters.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I might just have to do that.

SUCCESS! But extremely limited. The lens is back together, but unfortunately in a worse condition. My biggest concern was actually reassembling the piece after I had not documented the process as well as I should have. Before the T and B functions worked along with a few of the shutter speeds. Now neither work and I'm still having shutter speed issues.

The service manual certainly helped, so thank you fotch for that!

-Drew

I believe the T and B functions are the result of not knowing or finding out how the springs themselves are to be arranged. I was at least satisfied with getting the aperture working. The shutter cocks and fires with ease so that's luckily not a problem and will contain my problems to minor tear-down.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I charge $65 to CLA this shutter if I tear it down, $75 to correct someone else's misassembly.

The biggest mistake is to put too much oil on the pivots which acts like glue. A just detectable sheen of oil is all that is needed.

A Full Sync Supermatic is a 6 on a scale of 10 in difficulty to service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    shutterfinger, welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfinger View Post
    I charge $65 to CLA this shutter if I tear it down, $75 to correct someone else's misassembly.

The biggest mistake is to put too much oil on the pivots which acts like glue. A just detectable sheen of oil is all that is needed.

A Full Sync Supermatic is a 6 on a scale of 10 in difficulty to service.
    Where are you located? Shutter overhaul season will be here soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin