Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy crap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found it on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3708236...in/photostream. From the available information I think it's the same person as on LFPI.

It's kind of cool, but I don't think it's nine hundred dollars worth of "kind of cool".

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And still, no example photos!!! ARGH!

it seems as if the one on ebay can focus with some sort of homebrew bag bellows.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    First off.. No collector would touch that thing. Hand made POC.
    I assume one should distinguish between a collector and a user. I personally would find a high speed lens (with all its probable limitations) quite interesting for some applications.

What is wrong with being handmade in the ROC? (And handmade items from there are getting scarce meanwhile.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I assume one should distinguish between a collector and a user. I personally would find a high speed lens (with all its probable limitations) quite interesting for some applications.

What is wrong with being handmade in the ROC? (And handmade items from there are getting scarce meanwhile.)
    If collectors would buy this sort of crap... I would quit my day job. I have a 1.9 WA Wolly Oscilloscope lens. Not only is it worth nothing, it takes up room.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    If collectors would buy this sort of crap... I would quit my day job. I have a 1.9 WA Wolly Oscilloscope lens. Not only is it worth nothing, it takes up room.

tim in san jose
    Well, somebody has bid on the camera (and has 26 bids running on other photographic items)! Maybe glue your lens on some random scrap camera body, ask as at least $1999.99, someone might buy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe that lens if from a photocopier. I think I have one of those lenses, but I have never used it. It makes a nice paperweight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've seen collectors buy some stupid pieces of crap as "collectible odditys"
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin