Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,740   Online: 944

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon APO lens...

Hello Large Format Users... Thought maybe you could help me throw some light on this lens I have... It's a Nikon Apo lens without a shutter mechanism. As I understand at this point, it's a lens used in graphic arts cameras (stat cameras?) and some photographers use it in 8x10? cameras. How is this done and obviously, how/what shutter mechanism is mated to it? Is it worth using? I'm thinking it was originally meant for a Sinar set-up.... Any info, thanks!

BG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    there's more than one nikon apo lens so you may want to be specific.
    no shutter? use the lens cap
    yes, it's worth using if you don't have other options with a shutter
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depending on the lens -- Apo-Nikkors range in focal length from 150 mm to 1800 mm, in size from small to enormous -- hanging the lens in front of a shutter or hanging a large shutter (Compound #5, Ilex #5) may be possible. I use a couple of Apo Nikkors and other barrel lenses in front of a #1, have a Compound #5 with adapter to hold it in front of a 900 Apo-Saphir. Where there's a will and a budget there's a way.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Google "Ken Lee".

He explains the use of these lenses with shutters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can't use it. Send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

tim in san jose

P.S. A billion photographs have been taken with a hat for a shutter.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a Nikon Apo lens, I think that it's about 480mm. In the past I've fitted a Copal 3 shutter to the front using step up or step down rings. I now have a Sinar and Sinar/Copal shutter. I actually used the lens for some studio portraits and it was excellent.
    Pete.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin