Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,477   Online: 1212

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the same setup, without the base/guide, and have no real problems. Since I shoot in studio quite a bit, I don't use a changing bag, just clear off a space in the bathroom to lay out everything. If I'm going out for a day, I'll pre-load and label my backs at home. Takes a little practice to load the reels, and although it will hold 6, I don't load more than 4 sheets on e reel. Loads pretty easy. Here's a You Tube video that may help (it shows the base setup as well) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcfTH0td9oY
    akfotog

Seneca/National 8x10, Cambo SCX 4x5, Tachihara Wood Field 4x5, Busch Pressman 4x5, Mamiya RB67 Pro SD, Hasselblad 500 C/M, Mamiya M645 1000S, Nikon F5, Nikon F100, Nikon F4S, Nikon FM2 Chrome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have a name for people who use plastic reels, of any size. They are called masochists. I have a 2509 but didn't like it. Didn't like loading it, didn't like the results.

I use metal reels for all my 120, 127, 135... I use nylon screen tubes inside a System 4 tank for 2x3, 3x4, and 4x5 sheet film and I use Unicolor drums for 5x7 and 8x10 film. Why make your life hard?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jobo 2509 - Universally loathed or is it just me?

I feel the same way about steel reels - hate 'em and never could get the hang of them. The Jobo plastics are the easiest 35mm and 120 reels to load of any I have used and the 2509n is even easier (granted I have no problem with my SS 4x5 hangers though.)

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I feel the same way about steel reels - hate 'em and never could get the hang of them. The Jobo plastics are the easiest 35mm and 120 reels to load of any I have used and the 2509n is even easier (granted I have no problem with my SS 4x5 hangers though.)
    +1.

If the 3006 wasn't even easier to load, I'd be more than happy with the 2509ns that I have.

I really don't understand what the issue is. Perhaps try loading some ULF film in a tent before you claim loading 4x5 is difficult! Maybe embarrassingly large hands makes it easy for me to load the 2509n?

As for the loading guide? I find them a pain to use, not because they're difficult, but because they offer no discernible benefit. Just something else to scratch the negs in the dark...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I like the guide but then I've never really tried to load the reels without one, except in daylight and found it difficult with the lights on. But I've never scratched a film with the loading guide. I still like the Jobo design plastic reels.

For years I had no problems with the 2509n but of late have some unevenennes I am trying to get sorted out. That's a different issue from loading problems, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have big gorilla hands and find 135 to be downright easy, 120 less so, and 4x5 to be maddening when it comes to the plastic reels. Different strokes for different folks? Upgrading from a changing bag to something bigger does seem to be the order of the day, though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin