Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,080   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I guess being able to keep the 90mm f5.6 on the Wista (or probably any view camera) when folded was a bit hopeful, and I'm not so keen if there's a risk of being bellows restricted with the big rear part of the 90mm.

Although a bit heavier (but still a lot lighter than the MPP), I'm now looking at the ShenHao HZX45-IIA. Maybe not brass bits, but for me, stainless steel metalwork is much more preferable than the aluminium on the lighter ShenHaos. Also seems to have more to offer in terms of movements than the Wista. Thoughts on things like build quality, ease of adjustment and usage, etc, would be appreciated. Am I likely to encounter any movement restrictions with the 90mm?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Like others I use a Wista 45DX, I've had mine for 27 years now a great workhorse. No problems with a 90mm lens except the camera won't lose with most 90mm lenses, but movements are OK with a 90mm.
    Which 90, though? The Fujinon has a pretty large rear portion. The non-tapering bellows on the MPP doesn't get in the way, but the smaller fronts of the view cameras might not have as much room.
    Last edited by Nomad; 03-05-2013 at 07:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Which 90, though? The Fujinon has a pretty large rear portion. The non-tapering bellows on the MPP doesn't get in the way, but the smaller fronts of the view cameras might not have as much room.
    Well I use a 90mm f6.8 Grandagon mostly, but also have a 90 f5.6 Super Angulon and that was no problem on the Wista and I now use it on a Crown or Super Graphic which both have straight bellows unlike the Wista.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin