Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,133   Online: 906

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Graflex Auto RB Lenses

Is there an on-line (or available printed) resource of lenses that are compatible with a Graflex Auto RB 4x5 camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey there

not sure if you know graflex.org ...
    they seem to have everything you can think of over there !

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtop...ce7c08c5fa81f1

it seems there are 2 auto rb cameras, and depending on which one you have ....

oh, i searched using " lenses" + " auto rb " in quotes just like that in their sitewide search engine
    other stuff came up too but the link posted seemed just right ...

have fun !
    john
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John. I have been to Graflex.org many times but never to the help board. Lots of info here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The usual lens was a Kodak f4.5 Anastigmat, but the advertising material notes a long list of lens manufacturers that made suitable lenses. Mostly f4.5, presumably Tessar types, plus an f3.5 from Dallmeyer and telephoto lenses from Cooke and also Dallmeyer. With the exception of the Kodak Anastigmat the lens name is not mentioned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two f/4.5 Tessar lenses with this camera. One, a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 250mm will focus to infinity and is an absolutely wonderful lens. I love using it for portraits. However, as you can imagine, it is a large lens and the front door of the camera will not swing closed when I have this lens attached. The second is a very nice Bausch and Lomb 210mm f4.5 that fits perfectly and allows the front door to close properly. Unfortunately it will not focus to infinity although I am uncertain why this is. It does seem very close so I suspect that if I constructed a recessed lens board it would not take much to get it to work. However, it does work beautifully at closer distances so it is quite useable as a portrait lens. I also have another B&L 190mm Tessar on the way, which should provide a "standard" view for this camera, assuming it will focus correctly.

I know that the 190mm Kodak was considered a standard for this camera but it should accept lenses from around 8 inches through about 12 inches I suspect. But, as long as I am playing anyway, I though I would try to locate any useful information regarding focal length ranges that could be used with this camera. I am reading quite a bit at Graflex.org but any additional help is certainly appreciated.

These are big cameras, no doubt about it, but I have been having a blast working with this old time, large format SLR. It will take me some time but if Dorothea could swing one of these around I suspect I can learn to do it as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi pioneer

i have a 21c, tessar ( 3.5 .. ) on my series D
    its a fast and sweet lens .. i must admit though
    i don't use it much, i have a RR named laverne
    purchased from davela many years ago
    that roosts on the series d these days ...

its funny, these seem like they would be such a big bulky camera, these 4x5 slrs
    but they are perfectly weighted. i usually do 1/15 handheld work with mind

have fun !
    john
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you looked here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would love to. I have tried several times but for some reason I cannot load the site. I have tried with Firefox, Safari and now IE, none will load it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It balked on me this morning and then, ten minutes later loaded just fine. Must be a server problem. Try the Wayback machine.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    cameraeccentric was down for the last few days. firefox gave unable to find server while ie gave unable to connect error.
    the site or sever goes out to lunch for 2 to 4 days on occasion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin