Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 754

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Flash Sync for Copal Shutter

Hello APUG,
    The PC/sync connector on one of my Copal 0 shutters came off, and I need to replace it. Do you know where I can buy one of these things?
    Thanks so much --
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dan, thanks for the post. Unfortunately my shutter doesn't have the same screw-secured post. It just has a hole for a single connector. Any other ideas? B&H doesn't seem to carry what I need here.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But that "single connector" must be fitted inside the shutter. So even if modifications would be necessary a connector with flanges seems the best alternative in case the proper connector is not available.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Some shutters have a "pressed in " PC socket. The socket is a pressure fit into the case but with tight fitting cable and twisting motion they can come loose. The internal sync may be a simple contact that connects the outer sleeve to the center contact by mechanical action or contacts from the socket that make and break by mechanical action.

Your best bet is to take the shutter to a repair shop and let them replace the socket. The shutter should be modifiable to use the type shown on the B&H site if the original style is no longer available.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks so much everyone --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin