Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,910   Posts: 1,584,671   Online: 861

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not hard to put a 4x5 back on these, (plenty of threads here about it actually), and then you can use any graflok back, including the ones for Fuji FP100c. I am doing this exact project, and it's mostly done (4x5 Graflok back on 3x4 RB Super D). Image size will be about 4 x 4.25 or 4.5

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

Get your order in for custom cut sheet film at Ilford before the June cutoff for this year.

A good place for Graflex information is www.graflex.org
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's have another "butcher a 3x4 rb" thread. Just point him to the one we just had.

Find some graflex holders (the ones with the slots in the side), check Freestyle for film, learn to process B&W, and run with it. A lifetime ahead of you.

Well forget that. Freestyle stopped carrying it.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have made an adapter to accept Graphic RFH for 3x4 RB Graflex cameras from baltic birch plywood. It adds about 10 millimeters to the film to flange distance which requires shimming the view hood ground glass upward to its limit. Lens shorter than 135mm may not show infinity in focus until f8 or smaller with the focus fully retracted.
    Butcher, no; modified or adapted, yes. Completely reversible.

Shooter
    Large Format
    if you run into a jam finding roll or sheet film to fill your film holders
    you can always shoot paper negatives ... depending on the time of day
    and the type of paper, iso can be as high as iso 25 ...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There are roll film holders out there that will fit the 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 Graflex back properly. I got two 6X9 Suydam holders that seem to work well. They are very primitive in design but work just fine. Just a warning - buying accessories for the Graflex back can be a gamble. Many sellers don't know the difference between the Graflex and much more common Graphic camera backs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @Bentley, I am eyeing one of the backs for rollfilm it says Graflex 3.25x4.25 on the mount flange. How does the 6x9 relates to what you see on the ground glass. Are there lines I need to use to compensate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    @Bentley, I am eyeing one of the backs for rollfilm it says Graflex 3.25x4.25 on the mount flange. How does the 6x9 relates to what you see on the ground glass. Are there lines I need to use to compensate?
    Get a piece of mylar, place it in the opening of your roll film holder and mark it with a sharpie. Using the back installed but the roll film holder not on it, figure out how to place the mylar on top of the viewing glass (in the reflex hood) to match the rectangle drawn on the mylar with what you see through the hole in your roll film holder. Tape the mylar onto the viewing glass inside the hood.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or, you can just mark the glass with the sharpie by removing it and finding the center, then marking out a 6cm x 9cm rectangle around the center.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've only had the roll film holder for a couple of weeks so I haven't done either of the good suggestions regarding marking the ground glass. I should - my otherwise perfect composition is compromised by trying to judge where the 6X9 area is.

Good luck with the procurement of a film holder. As a number of folks have said, you can get 3X4 cut film and holders for the camera. I've shot a few hundred that way.

-Allan

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin