Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,169   Online: 891

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

graflex 6 x 9 back

Hey Jupiter, thanks so much for the info. I have a Graflex 23 6 x 9 holder for my 31/4 x 4/14 super graflex and have always wondered how to figure out how to put the corresponding frame lines on my groundglass. I will try out your suggestion and it is much appreciated.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    RFH's are not the exact stated dimensions in the length. The height stays constant at 56mm (5.6cm) image opening and rounds up to 6 cm for convenience, while the image length can vary and it too is rounded up for convenience.
    Nominal sizes are here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/120_film
    See the last post in this thread: http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/vie...ight=film+gate

My Graphic 23 has a 56mm x 74mm film gate and is an early production one, says Graphic 23 on the shell. I have not measured other makes of holders.
    ---
    On my Super Speed I removed the focus panel and marked the frame lines for a Graphic 22 (6cm x 6cm) and Graphic 23 (6cm x 9 cm) with a #2 pencil on the ground side of the glass.

On a Graflex SLR a piece of card stock or poster board can be cut to fit the gg opening then the RFH film gate size removed from the center for a mask that can be installed and removed easily.
    The view hood will have a clip center of the front edge that will release the base of the view hood for gg cleaning on most Graflex SLR's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok so I have the camera here and it came with one film holder. It says 3.25x4.25 is this the same as 3x4 size? I am bidding on another two film holders, and will try to cut some 9x12 cm sheet film to hit the holders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    Ok so I have the camera here and it came with one film holder. It says 3.25x4.25 is this the same as 3x4 size? I am bidding on another two film holders, and will try to cut some 9x12 cm sheet film to hit the holders.
    Yes, they are the same. Make sure it has grooves down the sides of the holder.

tim
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ya the dreded grooves. This is why it is so hard to find them. Now, what if I bought groovyless holders and grooved them myself. Are other dimensions the same?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Now, what if I bought groovyless holders and grooved them myself. Are other dimensions the same?
    NO. The Graflex film holder is wider by 1/8 to 3/16 inch and the film plane is .010 to .015 deeper. The length is the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterfinger View Post
    NO. The Graflex film holder is wider by 1/8 to 3/16 inch and the film plane is .010 to .015 deeper. The length is the same.
    And one has a locking groove, and one has a locking ridge to keep the film holder in place during use.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    And one has a locking groove, and one has a locking ridge to keep the film holder in place during use.
    Also called light trap.
    Thanks for catching my oversight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One and only holder that would fit my camera just sold on the auction site for $62. The 120 film holder for the same camera sold for $150. I didn't get neither, my 50 dollar bid didn't cut it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    One and only holder that would fit my camera just sold on the auction site for $62. The 120 film holder for the same camera sold for $150. I didn't get neither, my 50 dollar bid didn't cut it.
    Be patient. $62? A fool and his money...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin