Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,357   Online: 770

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a look at Pacific Rim Camera, the have a web site and they also sell on eBay.
    I have bought 3x4 slotted holders from them for $5-10 each.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    One and only holder that would fit my camera just sold on the auction site for $62. The 120 film holder for the same camera sold for $150. I didn't get neither, my 50 dollar bid didn't cut it.
    I REALLY need to go through my stuff. What do you think CNC machined plate/roll film adapters for the 3x4 Graflex would go for?
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, folks seem willing to spend $100 for used roll film holders. While you are at it a line of Graflex 4X5 cut film holders (with the dreaded grooves) would sell I think. There are a lot of Graflex SLR's out there but very few holders, it would seem. The cameras outnumber the film holders 10:1 on the auction site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey there krisb,

I have an extra slotted holder for your camera that I can give you that is in perfect shape if you could just cover mailing costs. Send me a private message with your info. and I would be happy to send it off to you.
    take care, Pablo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Pablo- this is very generous of you. I will use one and I just got an 18 septum "bull sack" graflex bag mag in very good condition for very attractive price. I will now need to get film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are 2 slotted holders on eBay right now, item 171011461274

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the tip mwdake. Anyways I got my bag mag and I noticed that the depth from the part that touches the back of the camera to the film plane is a bit larger maybe .020" than on the film holders. did they have different film planes for those cameras? The magazine fits perfect, it's just that depth.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes, as stated in a previous post in this thread, Graflex film holders and bag magazines film surface depth is deeper by design.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doesn't this affect the image sharpness? The film is not in the same position as the regular film holder.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Graflex Corp. made two major camera lines, Graflex SLR which use Graflex film holders only and Graphic press cameras that use standard film holders unless modified to use Graflex film holders. Regardless of brand, a camera is made to use standardized film holders or model specific holders and its focusing system is calibrated to work with the type of holder system the camera was designed to use.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin