Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,648   Online: 675

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Graflex RB camera

Hi, I have just purchased a Graflex RB camera with 3.25x4.25 film pack adapter, and I would like to know if I can use current fuji film pack for this adapter and camera?
    Anyone?

Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which adapter do you have? If it is a Graflex adapter for Kodak filmpacks, no.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Graflex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    what would I need than to shoot that fuji pack film? Is it even possible to shoot any currently available film on this camera ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by krisb1981 View Post
    what would I need than to shoot that fuji pack film? Is it even possible to shoot any currently available film on this camera ?
    The chances of finding a back for that camera which will accept the Fuji instant film are nil. However, if you find the correct Graflex sheetfilm holders, there's this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...x_4_25_PL.html

I believe Ilford also makes this size film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    The chances of finding a back for that camera which will accept the Fuji instant film are nil. However, if you find the correct Graflex sheetfilm holders, there's this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...x_4_25_PL.html I believe Ilford also makes this size film.
    The link takes you to B&H which states "No Longer Available". You can always buy 4x5 & cut it down.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    You can get 3.25x4.25 HP5 Plus or FP4 Plus during the annual Ilford special order period.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    You can get 3.25x4.25 HP5 Plus or FP4 Plus during the annual Ilford special order period.

and that special order period is ... now

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...y-limited.html

if you don't already have them, you also need slotted film holders to work with your camera ...

if you find a roll film holder you can use 120 film ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Having owned one of these, if you want to shoot Fuji pack film with their adapter, it would take some revision to the camera as in modifications to the back to mount the adapter and perhaps the ground glass as well for focus; If possible at all. If you had a wood shop and were very creative you might pull it off, but seriously it's not worth the effort unless your committed to using only that film (for how long an undetermined amount of time?) with that camera.
    That being said, your option is to cut your own film (cheapest) or buy any stock you find, whether thru Ilford's special order, Ebay, or perhaps Freestyle.
    Conversely, there has been one example to my memory where the back was modified to accept a 4x5 back. I have no idea who did it or if instructions were provided and if in reality you actually got a 4x5 image area. The adapted back would have to stand off the camera back somewhat since the internal gate is so small; Or you could just shoot it and get the smaller 3x4 image without cutting film or buying more expensive stock. I myself looked at the overall possibility of adapting a 4x5 back, sans definitely needed additional GG focus work for that top focus ability, and found that one would effectively wind up with the back protruding beyond the sides if one were to use a back off a Graphic. For the cost of such cameras, it's just not worth it. Perhaps tho just creating a 4x5 adapter to easily lock on the back of the camera and to mount a easily available 4x5 Graphic back would be the way to go?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You can also, very rarely, find a 120 roll film holder that fits.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin