Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,518   Online: 792

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=StoneNYC;1475049]When you guys say the converging lines are messed up do you mean the bulge in the corner of the building?

~Stone

Converging lines are lines that are parallel in the subject, but converge towards a point in the image. In this example, they converge towards a point far outside the top of the frame. This can be corrected by having the back of the camera perfectly vertical and adjusting the framing by sliding the lens upwards. You will probably run out of the coverage with that lens, but this can be partly corrected in printing. The apparent bulge is typical for barrel distortion in a lens, which doesn't sound likely with that 90mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, this is what I love about the community here at APUG

Thank you all for the kind words and suggestions! I am going out again Saturday and will play with the limited movements I have in my camera!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format

First time shooting Large Format

Very nice shot keep up the good work. Remember that you will have more failures in the beginning, but don't lose faith.

My only suggestion is that if you want to learn how to use your new view camera that you stick with the 203 Ektar as it has a much larger image circle than the 90 Anglon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ley View Post
    Very nice shot keep up the good work. Remember that you will have more failures in the beginning, but don't lose faith.

My only suggestion is that if you want to learn how to use your new view camera that you stick with the 203 Ektar as it has a much larger image circle than the 90 Anglon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Image circle coverage is not usually a problem with a Speed Graphic.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ha-ha! You've done it now Axel! From now on you'll spend most of your time fiddling with the movements with your head buried under the darkcloth. It addictive. Welcome to the club!

ps. Be prepared for a lot of questions from curious members of the public.

pps. Very nice result for a first effort. Well done.

Grumpyshutter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

First time shooting Large Format

[QUOTE=Jim Jones;1475238]
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    When you guys say the converging lines are messed up do you mean the bulge in the corner of the building?

~Stone

Converging lines are lines that are parallel in the subject, but converge towards a point in the image. In this example, they converge towards a point far outside the top of the frame. This can be corrected by having the back of the camera perfectly vertical and adjusting the framing by sliding the lens upwards. You will probably run out of the coverage with that lens, but this can be partly corrected in printing. The apparent bulge is typical for barrel distortion in a lens, which doesn't sound likely with that 90mm.
    Thanks Jim,

I think I understand, really can't wait to get my LF so I can practice all this, a shame I don't have the money yet, that 127mm(or 137 I forget off hand) Shneider Lens sitting in a box is just taunting me...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin