Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,378   Online: 756

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod54?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Mod54?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan ~ MOD54 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've ironed out quite a few of the problems with the new version, better development and much smoother fingers.

Here's a little teaser on the new version.

you can pre order one on my site. http://www.mod54.com/buy.php

Cheers,

Morgan.
    Honestly, that was anti-climactic, I couldn't even see anything worth seeing till the very end and even that was too fast and since it was a digital rendering it was basically not helpful at all, I hope you didn't spend a lot of money on that video...

Now after possibly insulting you I have to ask is it true that Ilford/Harman has taken over production?

Thanks.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Promising. The ribs are gone that were causing me streaking and the edges are now rounded (apparently) so if a sheet does slip out it is less likely to get scratched. Looks like it is designed for injection moulding rather than made from cut perspex sheet.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would also like to know better about how the new version is improved.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having bought my MOD54 direct from Morgan I got an email with an 'upgrade' option to the new tank insert, which is excellent service.

The new one appears to be injection moulded, so the design can incorporate rounded edges to the crucial bits that may touch the film. Additionally injection moulding allows for a more flexible design and the two central ribs which could cause uneven development with the older version have been removed entirely. The only question in my mind is whether the claws of the new insert hold the film more firmly, but just looking at the pictures it seems at least two out of the three 'niggles' (edges, ribs, claws) have been solved.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like mine and will buy the new one when available, primarily because I know if I drop the old model it will be toast. Had scratches the first time because I loaded the film in backwards. Since then I've had no problems. Watch the Youtube video on use of Mod54. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bought one direct from Morgan and shipping took about a week to North Carolina, US. Don't have any experience with older versions so can't speak to improvements. This is my first 4x5 dev "system", as I'm only getting started in LF and have used the taco method previous.

Plan to dev 6 sheets this week. Ill report back with results/opinions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin