Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,080   Online: 795

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... so how long was it before your heart started beating again? I'll bet everything was moving in slow motion. Sorry to hear you had such a tragic experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate to hear that.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a horrible feeling! That sounds like a beautiful kit. I hope it can all be restored to its former beauty. We've all had mishaps of some degree with our gear, but this is just about as bad as I've heard. (except for a guy who drove off with a DSLR on the roof of his car.)
    I wish you the best!

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. I'm glad that you'l be able to fix things. The marks will have a good story to go with them, at least.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ouch! But then thinking about it, it could have been way worse! I am naturally uneasy in high places and near the edge of drop-offs to begin with, so adding camera gear to the mix leaves me almost immobilized with caution. It is amazing how quickly something can happen. Hope all gets repaired successfully.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wish you the best of luck (and Richard's skill) getting the camera repaired and functional again!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure Richard can fix it up with no problems, and I'm just glad it wasn't YOU who tumbled down the rocks into the water.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    and I'm just glad it wasn't YOU who tumbled down the rocks into the water.

Same thing I was thinking.

It's a real bummer though.

Images
    All in all it sounds like you are lucky the camera is fixable and the lens did not shatter. Until you send it off put the lens and shutter, seperated, into some rice. DOn't bury the shutter in the rice just place it on top. Don't shake it either. Rice dust will get everywhere you don't want it if you bury the shutter. Good luck.
    Last edited by mark; 03-25-2013 at 12:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    All in all it sounds like you are lucky the camera is fixable and the lens did not shatter. Until you send it off put the lens and shutter, seperated, into some rice. DOn't bury the shutter in the rice just place it on top. Don't shake it either. Rice dust will get everywhere you don't want it if you bury the shutter. Good luck.
    The shutter seems to have dried out quite nicely enough on its own, surprisingly. And it is almost fully functional again. I will put it in a tupperware container with the rear element still on the lens, and use that to keep the body of the shutter out of the rice. It was fresh water, with very little particulate matter in it, so I'm not panicked about water damage the way I would if it had fallen in salt water.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin