Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,690   Online: 738

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, everything has dried pretty well on its own. The shutter seems to be back ALMOST to working order, after exercising it a little, although the shutter tripping mechanism is a little wonky. The camera body is dry, with no mildew or rot. Next step is to contact Richard for an estimate.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Glad to hear you didn't go over the falls! Camera gear can always be fixed or replaced, a broken neck, well not so easy.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How were the pictures? One of the best images I've ever made came at the expense of a broken lens. Sometimes it's all worth it.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ouch! we should start a thread! I have LOTS of stories. My FIRST LF was taken out from being run over by a bunch of rowdy college kids in a pickup truck in a gravel pit at 2AM. My second (arca swiss) I lost over the side of a building when i hit the quick release by mistake (not used one SINCE!!) - and an acquaintance of mine working for hedrich blessing left a bag of lenses in a parking lot...

Images
    Good Idea
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any accident that turns out better than the opening shot of Rear Window should count as minor. Amazing how tough these old beasts are.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The nice thing about a view camera is that I can't fix almost any problem in my own shop, except for
    the lens itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    Any accident that turns out better than the opening shot of Rear Window should count as minor. Amazing how tough these old beasts are.
    what was that again…was it a racecar accident?

Sorry to hear it Scott but it sounds like you'll be back in biz here shortly.
    Good luck.

You can give it a name: Lazarus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My thoughts similar to others... I'm glad you didn't go in the river and get hurt. Hope your camera is back to normal soonest!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin