Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,140   Online: 781

Shooter
    Multi Format

New leather handle for Kodak 5x7 2D

The leather handle on my Kodak 5x7 2D was really quite decrepit, and I was afraid it might break. I found a source for new handles, Brettuns Village. http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunk...ts/handles.htm . Scroll down to Sewing Machine and Typewriter Handles, TH-16. These handles are $6/ ea, post paid. I replaced the split rivets holding the brackets with 2-56 brass machine screws.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8590700818_7632b535b9_o.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	66263

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8589599903_07700530d9_o.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	66264

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Nice work!

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you! I need one of these too. It looks like they match the originals fairly well.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    nice!!!
    great source
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Images
    Nice. Honestly never thought about replacing mine. Now that you mention it I should do that too.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Nice. Honestly never thought about replacing mine. Now that you mention it I should do that too.
    The leather handles on some of my ancient cameras are an accident waiting to happen. I received the handles in a few days of ordering, the screws, nuts and washers can be ordered from McMaster-Carr. They aren't horribly expensive. I've ordered quite a few different sized small wood screws to replace the old ones in some of my cameras. They aren't horribly expensive.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I replaced the leather handle on my Speed Graphic some years ago by unscrewing both metal brackets from the camera body and taking the strap down to my local shoe and boot repair shop, where they were able to stitch a new strap onto the brackets, using a thicker gauge of leather, with nice edge stitching. It has held up now for at least 15 years with hardly a sign of wear.

~Joe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin