Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,305   Online: 774

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm looking forward to the 65mm with pinhole - for $99 it's probably the best bargain out there in a 4x5 camera. It will be fun to have it to take along on trips just to throw in the camera bag and squeeze out the odd superwide landscape or architecture shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, for folks like me who now only just discovered this camera, what can we do? Is there any way to buy one now?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    OK, for folks like me who now only just discovered this camera, what can we do? Is there any way to buy one now?
    The production run of the camera will be sufficient to sell the cameras once the Kickstarter orders are filled. So once the camera is ready (hopefully in the fall), you'll probably be able to place your order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    The production run of the camera will be sufficient to sell the cameras once the Kickstarter orders are filled. So once the camera is ready (hopefully in the fall), you'll probably be able to place your order.
    Thank you. Do you have to buy a film back to use this camera? If yes, which ones would work with it? I know NOTHING about LR photography and this looks like the perfect way to get my feet wet with it.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Thank you. Do you have to buy a film back to use this camera? If yes, which ones would work with it? I know NOTHING about LR photography and this looks like the perfect way to get my feet wet with it.
    You use regular 4x5 Film Holders that are double sided and hold one sheet on each side. Used plastic ones such as Fidelity, Lisco, Riteway are about $5 to $15 each, and new ones are $18 at Calumetphoto.com

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Specifications

So we will get these: pls correction

travelwide 65 for 65 /8 SUPERANGULON only? how about the angulon f6.8?
    is it fixed focus only? or two versions?

travelwide90 with focussing mount?
    (non-Super) Angulon ƒ/6.8, it can also mount other 90mm lenses.

Schneider Super Angulon 90mm ƒ/8
    Nikkor SW 90mm ƒ/8
    Fujinon SW 90mm ƒ/8
    Caltar 90mm ƒ/8
    Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm ƒ/6.8
    Caltar 90mm ƒ/6.8

2. how about a vertical preshift-version? turning around the camera for a second shot. using 6x7 back or
    additional moving the back to cover 6x12 in total. darkslide must cover the uncovered space then.
    or using the chinese rotary back for hasselblad-backs(4 shots). pls correct me
    www.3dreal.tk
    www.stereopan.org
    under reconstruction
    3dstereomedia
    aeropanorama
    marspanoramas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. The 65mm version is fixed-focus only, designed for 8/65 Super-Angulon in 00 shutter. The 6.8/65 doesn't come close to being able to cover 4x5, it's really a 2x3 lens, but you could use it if you like massive vignetting.

The 90mm version with focusing mount is as you said, the focus mount accepts Copal 0. Other lenses will fit, some may focus past infinity (or not hit infinity) depending on the flange focal length compared to that of the 6.8/90 Angulon.

2. According to the most recent update the mold designs are finalized and mold construction has started. You should have asked about these kinds of features some months ago. You might be able to hack the camera to do this, it's just plastic. But honestly, why not just use 4x5? You can crop in scanning or printing, or in the worst case cut the negative to 6x12 with scissors!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    travelwide90 with focussing mount?
    (non-Super) Angulon ƒ/6.8, it can also mount other 90mm lenses.

Schneider Super Angulon 90mm ƒ/8
    Nikkor SW 90mm ƒ/8
    Fujinon SW 90mm ƒ/8
    Caltar 90mm ƒ/8
    Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm ƒ/6.8
    Caltar 90mm ƒ/6.8
    The 90 was designed for the 90mm Angulon in the sense that the weight of the camera balances with the tiny weight of the Angulon. The 90mm Super Angulon, and some of the other lenses are another story, being very heavy compared with the anticipated light body weight. So it depends on how you want to use the Travelwide, hand held or on a tripod and how that balances out. It is possibly no surprise that given the number of orders for the camera the 90mm Angulon (a very good lens anyway) is being snapped up on Ebay at the moment when six months ago they languished un-loved, sad and lonely.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was also designed for the 6.8/90 Angulon in the sense that the focusing helical is set to provide correct infinity-focus indication. Other lenses, with different flange focal lengths, will have their apparent infinity at different places. It's easy to adjust for, and thankfully not that much of an issue in an event with a 90mm lens.

If you have lots of time on your hands, there's an extremely long Wanderlust thread on the Large Format Photography Forum. It includes many posts from the camera's designers describing their approach, and you can see how features have iterated in response to comments from potential users. It starts here:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...st-4x5-P-amp-S

Warning, there are over 1100 posts to date.
    Last edited by Steve Goldstein; 08-03-2013 at 07:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Steve Goldstein;1531245]1. The 65mm version is fixed-focus only, designed for 8/65 Super-Angulon in 00 shutter. The 6.8/65 doesn't come close to being able to cover 4x5, it's really a 2x3 lens, but you could use it if you like massive vignetting.

Steve
    The 65mm f8 is really a lens for 6x9cm with movements but it does have an image circle that is a couple of mm larger than 5x4 at f16 so it will work just fine. OK it may not give technical excellence but it is not being put on the front of Sinar. There will be some vignetting unless a centre grad is used just like all LF wide lenses.
    The 90mm f6.8 actually has a slightly smaller image circle! I have used one of these on my hand held 5x4 for years and it works really well.

Huge credit to the Wanderlust guys for this project, the interest they have generated is amazing, I reckon film sales will be up next year and a lot of people will be having great fun.

Cheers
    Spoons

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin