Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,554   Online: 869

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    OK, for folks like me who now only just discovered this camera, what can we do? Is there any way to buy one now?
    Just an FYI: originally there were two cameras, a 90mm with helical focus, and a 65mm fixed. A lot of people (like me) ordered one of each.
    After a few stretch goals and an update or two, they've decided to make both cameras the same and supply both mounts, so people like me are going to get 2 bodies, 2 65mm mounts, and 2 90mm mounts. Once they start shipping, I'd be looking around on ebay, there'll probably be more than a few that won't want both bodies and will re-sell the other one (I might, I haven't decided yet).

Meanwhile, I'm getting antsy waiting for mine. I've stocked up early, got a 90/8 SA and 65/8 SA (in nice lightweight copal 00), got a few film holders and a bucket of film (hp5, delta100, and a 50-pack of expired Original Velvia), a pack of 20 Quickload Astia and holder, a 405 back and a few packs of FP3000, plus a Graflex 23 back. I've also got a 105/3.5 Xenar to play with, GG focussing and FP3000 will make for an interesting street project I've got in mind.
    Now it's all sitting around waiting for the camera, I was thinking yesterday I'll go buy a cheap Cambo from KEH to keep me busy for the next few months...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I can hardly wait - I just dragged my Wista around South Korea during a particularly sunny, warm and humid fortnight, and contemplated throwing the backpack off various bridges and so on. Very sweaty at times, was I. (I did get some nice negatives though - in fact, ALL 30 sheets I exposed well - which is a marvel). It'll be VERY nice to travel with the Wanderlust...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    35mm
    Wanderlust just put up update #10 on their Kickstarter page. Looks like the project is moving along nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am one of those skeptics about 1000+ people shooting 4x5, so how's the project coming along?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We've been getting pretty regular updates. Schedule is behind due to some issues with the fabricator. The big thread on LFPF has more updates:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...read.php?86921

Scroll toward the end for recent updates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I totally forgot about this camera... I was wondering why there is not that many 90mm f8 lenses on the bay at cheaper prices compared to other lenses, as i was looking for one to use on my wista. Wanderlust kickstarter people are buying them all up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It isn't made for 90mm f/8 lenses but specifically for the 90mm f/6.8 Angulon, not the f/8 Super Angulon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah i looked again on the site, it is indeed for the f6.8 lenses, but the f8 lenses also work on it. Maybe they are both being snatched up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are therese cameras in production? If so, How do I order?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The f/8 will work though you may need to adjust for the flange focal distance. I don't remember all the discussion about that since I already have a 6.8 Angulon.

No Todd, they're not in production yet. Those of us who backed them on Kickstarter got the intro price. I think they either have or are soon opening up to pre-orders from others though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin