Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,237   Online: 713

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Ok, that's about $25 worth of film and paper. Still the Titan is configured for pinhole only while the Travelwide has a helical with 20mm of travel and can use various 90mm lenses besides shipping with a pin hole cap. Ben said that, just for asking, they will also ship the 65mm front plate to backers who ordered the 90 version. This means that with a screwdriver and a little effort you could convert the 90 to a 65mm pin hole camera, and then switch back to the 90 if desired. Quite a sweet deal for those who backed the project.
    I don't disagree with you, just pointing out that the Titan comes with a few extras that have monetary value.

You also buy into the quality of Ilford, Harman, and Walker cameras.

But either way, yes, the Travelwide looks very appealing. I'm already thinking about what to do with my tax refund...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I already have the 90mm Angulon and backed the TW. Got my cheap but adequate Israeli viewfinder laying right here on my desk. Just waiting patiently for my camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They just posted another update today regarding progress. It's looking like they're pretty close to assembly and delivery, but it may still be June/July before they ship.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which is pretty much what I figured all along given the complexity of this project. People set optimistic time goals because they're swept up with enthusiasm, and no doubt feel pressured to make the goal as early as possible to encourage backers, but then reality happens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll be happy to have it whenever it does show up; I just wish it could have been here in time to demo it for my Intro to Large Format class. Actually, I really wish it could have been here in time to take to Paris as a dedicated wide-angle camera, last October, but obviously THAT didn't happen.

I'm waiting... patiently. Hopefully by this summer!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At least it looks like it'll make it by the September trip to the Grampians!

Now I just gotta decide what to do with lenses. The 90SWD probably won't fit, so it's either SA90 on the wrong shutter with guesstimated aperture markings, or the 90 Angulon (keep one, sell the other, leave the SWD for the Toyo).
    I scored a centre filter for my 65SA the other day for only $50, definitely getting the 65 kit...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    What does the Titan come with, though?

10 Sheets of 4 x 5" Harman Direct Positive Photographic Paper
    10 Sheets of 4 x 5" Ilford Delta 100 Professional Film
    10 Sheets of 4 x 5" Ilford Multigrade IV RC Pearl Finish Paper
    Don't forget the slide rule exposure calculator! Competition is good for us consumers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder how hard it would be to modify it to fit a Graflex film magazine or a Polaroid 405 holder...
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should have checked the website, question answered!

Can I attach a Grafmatic / Roll film holder / other holder?
    Yes, most likely. The Travelwide features a standard international 4×5 back. You may need to unscrew the spring back and use ball bungees or heavy rubber bands to attach the camera to the holder.
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin