Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,848   Online: 1100

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Robert James View Post
    I have a 90 SA that I will sell when the camera comes out..
    Question (or for anyone really, who already has an LF lens or two), how do the sizes compare?

These cameras are designed for the 90 Angulon, or 65 Super Angulon.

From what I know, the Angulon just sits in its hole and is fairly low-profile, the Super-Angulon is a big Biogon-looking thing shaped like an hourglass. So i'm wondering, does anyone reckon that the 90 Super Angulon would fit in this camera? (i'd buy a 90SA just for the extra sharpness, coatings and that they're newer, if I knew it'd fit)

The other thing is, are the holes in the camera (well, lensboard) the same diameter for all around this size?
    They've already mentioned that the f/5.6 versions won't fit, for either size, weight, or bore-diamter size, so I'm wondering about other lenses too.

Fujinon do a 75mm which looks cheaper than a nice new multicoated 65SA, which could fit into the 65mm camera with a 10mm bit of a spacer I reckon (i'll make it fit, dammit). I'm just wondering about other lenses in that range, and from other brands like Rodenstock, Fujinon, and Nikkor. (More options means more chance of actually finding a lens)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two (maybe more, but I know of two) SAs, the f/8, which will fit and work, and the f/5.6, which is way too big and (probably, as Ben says they haven't actually tried it) won't. I think there was also an f/6.8 version which I'd guess was in between and I don't know about that.

But the 5.6 SA would be a poor choice for this camera even if it could be made to work. As Ben said on LFPF:

Ultimately, it's a good thing... that is a very expensive lens, and it's quite heavy. If you could get it onto the Travelwide, you would need to carry it by the shutter, because holding it by the grip would make the camera dangerously front-heavy. It's hard to convey just how light the camera is. The last thing we want is a $1600 lens hitting the pavement.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1012361

I don't see the point either. This camera is about being small and light and easy to carry and use handheld, all of which would be worked against by a big, expensive lens. The biggest reason to get an SA over an Angulon is coverage. I want a SA or Fuji or Nikkor etc. equivalent for just that reason as I'm always running out of coverage with my Angulon. But this isn't a factor with the Wanderlust. If you aren't using movements and you stop down to f/16 or more and don't shoot into strong backlighting you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the SA and A with most sized enlargements.

Shooter
    35mm
    Uh Oh! The count is stuck at 511 backers for the last 6 hours. This does not bode well. Sure hope there are another 140 or so people out there that will sign up for a camera. Already on LF Photography forum, Rangefinder forum, P-net, Filmwasters, and here. Any other interested people we are missing?

I'd just hate to see this fail. It checks all the box's for me at least.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 65 SA, a 90 Angulon, and a 90 f/8 SA but I went with the 65 SA version because it is usually a hassle to set up on a view camera and this would turn it into a point and shoot proposition. I'm a little confused on where they say they have the focus set for the 65 as I can find no DOF reference that would give as little as 8 meters to infinity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Uh Oh! The count is stuck at 511 backers for the last 6 hours. This does not bode well. Sure hope there are another 140 or so people out there that will sign up for a camera. Already on LF Photography forum, Rangefinder forum, P-net, Filmwasters, and here. Any other interested people we are missing?

I'd just hate to see this fail. It checks all the box's for me at least.
    Maybe you can try some of the blogs and tiny forums like believeinfilm and istillshootfilm, coolgirlsshootfilm, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    ...I don't see the point either. This camera is about being small and light and easy to carry and use handheld, all of which would be worked against by a big, expensive lens. The biggest reason to get an SA over an Angulon is coverage. I want a SA or Fuji or Nikkor etc. equivalent for just that reason as I'm always running out of coverage with my Angulon. But this isn't a factor with the Wanderlust. If you aren't using movements and you stop down to f/16 or more and don't shoot into strong backlighting you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the SA and A with most sized enlargements.

However, you might find it difficult to shoot handheld (at least at iso 100) if your maximum desired aperture is f/16. None the less, I'd agree and even consider the 90mm Optar and just use faster film.

This is reminiscent of the Gowland Aerial 4x5, which he sold new for about $600 (many years ago).

Now we need an inexpensive but relatively accurate optical finder. I'm thinking something like the simple, plastic Russian 85mm finder - but sized for 90mm on 4x5. Maybe a 35mm viewfinder (for 35mm camera) would work well enough; you'd have less than 100% on the vertical axis but that might make up for any lack of alignment between lens and viewfinder. Time to dig through my "stuff" box.

If they're stalled on reaching their goal, they should add "lomagraphy" and "iOS compatible" as keywords.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Wanderlust 4x5 camera

My standard film in 4x5 is TMY and I'm also not averse to pushing it or HP5 if needed. Results are also still acceptable to me for the king of photos I'd use this for at f/11. But I agree it's not for low light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just checked - $63000 pledged of a $75000 goal, and 21 days to go......

Better order a viewfinder for myself - looks like I'm getting a new camera for Christmas!

Geuss it's a good thing I kept my 90mm Angulon when I got my 90mm WA Optar :-) Just with I knew what happened to the 90mm Linhof Angulon I had? Apparently being a Linhof "selected" one they are sharper!
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgot to mention - I shoot hand held all the time with my Pacemaker Crown Graphic. The trick is to use a compact bracket to hold the cable release - I'm lucky as I was given a old Stroboframe bracket, but I've also used a old flash bracket with the cable release gaffer taped into place..
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format

Re: New Wanderlust 4x5 camera

over 64100 now.

Sent from my XT882 using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin