Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,552   Online: 951

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just pledged for the 65mm version, already got plenty of ideas what I want to use it for, fingers crossed!

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just pledged for the 90mm version, no idea what I'll use it for

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    Just checked - $63000 pledged of a $75000 goal, and 21 days to go......

Better order a viewfinder for myself - looks like I'm getting a new camera for Christmas!

Geuss it's a good thing I kept my 90mm Angulon when I got my 90mm WA Optar :-) Just with I knew what happened to the 90mm Linhof Angulon I had? Apparently being a Linhof "selected" one they are sharper!
    The "Linhof Selected" is a bit of an urban legend without evidence to prove it correct or not. Yes, Linhof did pick through the Schneider production run and select certain lenses, and then put their name on it. I seriously doubt that Schneider's manufacturing QC would be so erratic that the "Linhof Select" lenses would be radically better than the normal production run. If there were that much variation, I doubt Linhof would have been using them to supply lenses in the first place. It's 99% marketing hype. I won't utterly deny their claims that they did additional QC on the lenses to come up with the best of the best, but it's the difference between 99% and 99.5%. They MAY be better, but it's not an observable order of magnitude better.

Shooter
    35mm
    Over 66K now. Can they find another 86 backers @ $99 each?

On another note, desperate to find lens options other than the now suddenly rare 90 f6.8 Angulon I just stuck a 105mm f4.5 Kodak lens from a 6X9 folder on my other 4X5 and it works great if you don't mind a 120mm diameter circular image with a rather sharp cutoff. Wasn't a bit surprised at the results but I really wanted to see them for myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Backers

$66,667
    pledged of $75,000 goal

days to go

SATAN'S CAMERA! (well, at least the guy who lives across the road from satan)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Backers

$66,667
    pledged of $75,000 goal

days to go

SATAN'S CAMERA! (well, at least the guy who lives across the road from satan)
    "A watched pot never boils"

I've sworn off looking at the site tabulation of backers and dollars pledged. Just too excruciating. I'll check back on Monday and in the meanwhile chase 90mm lenses.

If this really slows down near the May 2 deadline, then the backers (like myself) who pledged the minimum $99 dollar amount might look seriously at increasing their pledge amount. I certainly will. An additional $15~25 from each $99 backer could then push it over the goal.
    Last edited by pen s; 04-12-2013 at 08:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    "A watched pot never boils"

I've sworn off looking at the site tabulation of backers and dollars pledged. Just too excruciating. I'll check back on Monday and in the meanwhile chase 90mm lenses.

If this really slows down near the May 2 deadline, then the backers (like myself) who pledged the minimum $99 dollar amount might look seriously at increasing their pledge amount. I certainly will. An additional $15~25 from each $99 backer could then push it over the goal.
    +1. I hope they can get there without this of course, less because I'd mind kicking in another twenty five bucks or so (I wouldn't) than because it would mean more cameras going out and more film being shot and more LF film being shot, but if we get close without going over as the deadline approaches I think this is an idea that deserves promoting.

It's really looking like they'll get there though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And we're a go!

Reached the $75K goal with 18 days to go. They're saying that if enough additional funds are raised we'll get a mount for the pinhole and a spanner/wrench if they can swing it.

December can't get here fast enough.
    Last edited by Gadfly_71; 04-13-2013 at 01:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, that went from $71k to $79k overnight, probably everyone got bored on a Saturday and thought 'why not?'.

That stretch target of $85k for the free pinhole is looking very much in sight now, they should go and offer more targets now, somehow $100k doesn't look too impossible with 18 days left...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I am not sure Schneider even made 500 90mm angulons. :-)

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin