Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,325   Online: 1089

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkfry View Post
    I am not sure Schneider even made 500 90mm angulons. :-)
    Quote directly from the wanderlust guys:
    "The supply of Angulons on eBay and other outlets has been temporarily tapped out by Travelwide customers, but it will go back to normal after a few weeks... Keep in mind that we still need to manufacture the camera, so people have at least a few months to source a lens, and in the meantime, they can shoot with the included pinhole. The market price for Angulons can't climb too high, because there are so many of them out there!"

Well, I hope so. But they've smashed through the $85k target and still going, so we all get a pinhole to keep us happy in the meantime (every time over the weekend when I refreshed they'd added another few orders). If they hit $100k I want even more goodies...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Wanderlust 4x5 camera

gee,I have three of those lens !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I don't know for sure, I suspect they made far more than 500 90mm Angulons, and in any case the camera can be used with pretty much any small 90mm press style lens with just some shimming, shims to be included I think, and the job should be pretty easy with the ground glass they are including.

I happen to have a Linhof Angulon that I got years ago with my Tech III so I bought one of these almost right away, but even if I hadn't, I would have bought one. Keeping an eye out over the coming months would turn up something workable, I'm sure.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkfry View Post
    I am not sure Schneider even made 500 90mm angulons. :-)
    Schneider manufactured 90mm Angulons for nearly 40 years and it was very popular lens. Tens of thousands would an estimate at the low end and likely a lot more. The Angulons have been hard to sell for the last few years because of of the glut of more modern 90's with better optics and more coverage. I'm guessing a lot of people have these sitting in drawers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    gee,I have three of those lens !
    do you now...

cause I've ordered the camera bit...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Schneider manufactured 90mm Angulons for nearly 40 years and it was very popular lens. Tens of thousands would an estimate at the low end and likely a lot more. The Angulons have been hard to sell for the last few years because of of the glut of more modern 90's with better optics and more coverage. I'm guessing a lot of people have these sitting in drawers.
    the trouble with this train of thought is do the people with them sitting in a drawer know/remember/care. Will they get around to selling them?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    I think there are better solutions to point-and-shoot 4x5s, even at the same price level.
    Ed, what are the other options? I've been thinking about trying 4x5 but want to keep it simple in the beginning, and this camera or a similar alternative would be just about perfect (if I can score a lens).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    do you now...

cause I've ordered the camera bit...
    So have I Shane. And I live quite close to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I happen to have a Linhof Angulon that I got years ago with my Tech III so I bought one of these almost right away, but even if I hadn't, I would have bought one. Keeping an eye out over the coming months would turn up something workable, I'm sure.
    I have an old Linhof Angulon 90 as well. Bought it two or three years ago thinking to mount it on my Crown but have never gotten around to it. Now I will have a use for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've made quite a few nice photos with it on my Tech III over the years. It's short on coverage (a tiny amount of rise is possible - shift too of course but most often it's rise I want with a wide angle) and needs to be stopped down to f/16, preferably f/22, but it's tiny and within those limitations the results are quite good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin