Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,379   Online: 1027

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is a really good sign for film. The interest in the Travelwide is impressive.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wow. By the time this thing is all said and done there will be something like a thousand people looking for lenses... I have a feeling there will be a crush of demand even though there were a lot of 90s made. It may be nearly impossible to get a decent price on a 65 since there aren't nearly as many out there.

I have been thinking about getting the 65 to use as a pinhole. Seems like a good idea. I have been shooting quite a bit with a heavily modified Holga 6x12 lately. Might be fun to do some 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd imagine a goodly number of the orders are from people who already have a lens they plan to use with it. Far from all certainly, but a fair number.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I'd imagine a goodly number of the orders are from people who already have a lens they plan to use with it. Far from all certainly, but a fair number.
    Or people who figure they can use the pinhole until they (I) can find one. And maybe wait until prices drop because there aren't 500 people looking for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    They've passed $100,000! Wowee - astonishing for a new 5x4" camera!!

Marc!
    Particularly astonishing for a 4x5 camera proposal. It only exists as a prototype. It has yet to even be manufactured.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let's not overlook the fact that it is likely that the 1000ish people who buy this might go looking for some film when they get it. If each of them buys a box of 50 sheets of film it will be a touch scarce for a bit...

I think all of this is great though. I wish he developers success and the purchasers a lot of fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And here I am, not really knowing what to do with my Super Angulon 65/8 and Angulon 90/6.8...

Shooter
    35mm
    As of now, 927 cameras with 12 days to go. I think they will get backers for 1000 cameras by the May 2nd ending date. This is going to cut into the 4X5 Harman Titan sales but Ilford will make it up in film and paper sales.

Now the 8 month wait. Better get busy searching for that 90mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have the Linhof branded Angulon 90 f/6.8 as well, so that helped with the decision to pledge for the travelwide.
    i had been thinking of selling the lens too! lucky i didnt!

i found it a pain in the ass to use on my Crown Graphic, had to drop the bed and shift up slightly, and i dont have a recessed board for my Graphic View II, so cant use it on that.
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a cheap camera, this is turning out a bit expensive so far...
    $189 - Travelwide 60 & 90
    $60 - shipping
    €202 - 65/8 SA
    €161 - 90/8 SA
    €45 - shipping
    $15 - 5x film backs
    $35 - shipping

That's $800 so far, plus I need film, a light meter, and probably a MOD54 to develop stuff (I was already going to buy a Paterson 2-reel tank, now i'll get a 3-reel to fit the mod54 in).
    (I'm not counting the $250 i also just spent on getting scanning fluid to Aus, nor the betterscanning mount or the v750 I already bought last year)

Still, for less than $1000 that's a damn nice setup, and would probably take a lot nicer images than $4000 worth of digital...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin