Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,715   Online: 798

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Tilt/Shift adapter with 4x5 lens for Bronica SQ-A

Hello
    guys, what do you think about building a tilt/shift adapter out of fuji gx680 bellow assembly and 4x5 lens for Bronica SQ-a (or any other camera)?
    I already bought junk gx680 body and disassembled it completely to have only empty box and bellows.
    Empty cast frame will be cut to have a thicker plate/holder for my Bronica.

Take a look
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8596568850_6d6c2d88f0_c.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	66757

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8605329081_19ef0e5c17_c.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	66758

What do you think?
    Some initial story - http://www.flickr.com/groups/bronica...7632748291258/

Next major step, choose a Lens. What would you recommend, some angulon 90/6.3?

Shooter
    35mm
    need to make custom bellows, what material should i choose, please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, the corrupting power of found money.

Toss the junk GX, get a cheap 4x5 view camera -- you should be able to get a Cambo SC-2 for under $150 -- and attach the SQ-a to it. You'll have to sacrifice a lens board to make an adapter to hole the Bronica. The lowest cost source for 4x5 Cambo boards is KEH.

Shooter
    35mm
    i'm more to feasibility of the idea not about how i spent my money.
    Cambo is nice, too. But i choose gx.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sounds like a pain in the ass. put the gx back together and get it fixed those have great view camera capabilities if you don't mind carrying it around.
    if you must continue with this goofy project buy the bellows off ebay for $20-25. get a lens that fits the gx mount.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    it cant be fixed, it was a junk and this is about dyi
    I know it looks strange for some, but i need advice on how would you finish it, not about how to throw it away and buy Cambo or anything.

if you have nothing to say, better ignore this thread.
    thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what exactly is junk about it? is the front standard of the gx broken?
    if you could remove the camera/box/mirror portion and replace that with the bronica body then that'd be a start. I recommended using the gx front standard because lens boards/lenses are already available and the bellows size (square) is commonly available on ebay. attach a generic bellows to a bronica lens mount/board. that's nothing to say.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Alex.g I'm fully behind you, I hope you can get it all working.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can you make an adaptor to mount the rails to the tripod mount on the SQ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd go with an adaptor and attach to the tripod mount as the easiest way.

or if you're not to attached to it, you could cut the fuji back down so that all that's left is where the rails fit, then stick a plate on the top of it (thickness depending on how high you need the lens to be) so you can screw to the bottom of the bronica.

you'll then need to make a plate (2mm card or mdf should be ok) that can attach the bellows to the bronica body... drill out an old body cap and attach it that way?

you'll only need a small bellows I guess, so you can make one out of card or paper, but I've found an old dark bag will give you all the material you'll need to make one. It's best to use the dark bag on the inside, the stiffeners on top of that and then another thinner material on top of that again. I've never had any light leaks.

I'd only worry about the lens once you've built everything, just to make sure you have one long enough to focus at infinity.

how does that sound?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin