Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,024   Online: 689

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    Probably should come up with a numbering system written on the holders and always use them in order.
    Pretty much what I do. I write in my notebook each film holder and what film I've loaded it with. As I use them, I cross them out in the book and on a seperate page record any exposure info I want. I do flip the dark slides but don't rely on them, I go by what my book says.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotOptik View Post
    What accessories do you really need for an 8 x 10 Camera to feel "complete"? What wouldn't you include?

There are filters, a tripod, film, an auxiliary lens, a light meter, developing tanks, an enlarger, and other things, but I'm trying to focus in on just the photography aspect for now--maybe not so much the developing.
    Not sure where you're coming from with you question. A basic kit needs camera, lens, film holder(s), dark cloth, loupe, exposure method (meter, a camera with inbuilt meter or guesswork like sunny 16), tripod and something to carry it in. My 4x5 kit is pretty much that except I have 3 lenses. Actually I have a bag bellows too which I never use as I have hardly used my 90mm lens (I can use the normal bellows if not needing movements).

Sound like you have all that in this kit, plus the requirements to develop/print the film too. Kits generally go for less than the sum of their parts, but is it an option to select individual items or would the person selling this only want to sell it all at once.

Just my thoughts...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A mini-van for transport?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some Mistletoe might also help...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin