Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,832   Online: 834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    You failed to state how you plan to print such things, color or b&w, from darkroom or otherwise? Lenses
    can make a bit of a difference, esp if you plan to enlarge 4x5 this much, but there are much more important issues in the total workflow. I wouldn't worry too much about minor differences in lenses,
    unless you are using them with strong tilt or rise movements which require a larger image circle.

It will be a 4x5 portra 160 and imacon x5 scan. I guess I don't need to upgrade...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'd just go with what you have until you have your total workflow ironed out. Then, if for some reason
    there is a shortcoming in your particular lens, you might supplement it with something else. But I don't
    see any reason why it wouldn't be adequate. It helps to be on the main road awhile to learn how to
    drive before veering off onto the 4WD drive tracks and cowpaths. I did entire one-man shows back when I only owned one view camera lens. I've got better lenses now; but some of those old 30x40's
    still look pretty damn good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can outshoot a 150 6.3 Fuji, you be a better photographer than me. I have had mine since 1985.

Of course I don't blow mine up to 30 by 40 but I see nothing in my 16x20s that would indicate any lack of sharpness other than personal mistakes, I mean artistic decisions, I might have made.

Save the money. Buy more film.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin