Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1174

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hahahaha!! I would suspect paved roads gave you less grain but off roading have you better sharper images

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    The streets of LA in '50s combined with the stiff suspension of the cars was sufficient for agitation, especially if you hit the streetcar tracks.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Press photographer gear in the 40's and 50's?

Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    The streets of LA in '50s combined with the stiff suspension of the cars was sufficient for agitation, especially if you hit the streetcar tracks.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    O.K, loved the quality of street paving suggestions. I used Rodinal 1 to 100 usually on the road. I had never developed 4X5's in a dunk tank until I worked for the newspaper. At home I tray developed with continous erratic agitation. And yes, crossing the street car tracks helped agitation, I'm sure. I only developed Super Plenachrome that way, and then only when trying to make the next edition on time. In the newspaper darkroom I had to learn how to develop in the tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love stuff like this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I was a teenager, A.B. Miller used to tell me about shooting the delta floods for The Jackson Daily News with a 5x7 Graflex. "The only Goddamned thing I liked about that camera was you could fold it up and sit on it."
    Last edited by Jim Rice; 04-20-2013 at 08:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    A Speed Graphic 4x5 w/127 and film holders (sometimes we had filmpacks) was standard US Army issue in Germany in 1968. Olive-drab, of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He was just a tad on the crusty side. :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Press photographers had the novel concept of using their feet to get closer to a subject. There was usually no time to fiddle with changing lenses even if one were available.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    A Speed Graphic 4x5 w/127 and film holders (sometimes we had filmpacks) was standard US Army issue in Germany in 1968. Olive-drab, of course.
    I'm surprised by that. I thought it would have been a warehouse item by then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

In the good old days...

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I'm surprised by that. I thought it would have been a warehouse item by then.
    There was a long standing requirement that military procurements had to come from companies manufacturing in the US.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin