Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,187   Online: 1019

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    I have a US Navy Photographer's Mate manual from, I believe, the 60s. It covered standard issue cameras, their use, and general technique (a pretty good reference btw). I don't have it handy but as I recall the cameras covered were:
    Graphic View
    Speed Graphic
    Mamiya TLR (I don't remember which specific model)
    Leica M (again, I don't remember which specific model)

But definitely not all US made. Although I suppose it's possible the the imported found a way to have these assembled in the US to satisfy the letter of the law.
    Took a look at the manual, dated 1966. (BTW, still a very good reference.) Standard issue cameras were:
    Pacemaker Speed Graphic
    Graphic View II
    Leica M2 (with 35, 50, and 90mm lenses)
    Mamiya C3 (with 65, 105, and 180mm lenses)

Also, under the aerial section, included the "KS-80a", which was a Nikon F with 43-86mm lens and pistol grip.
    Last edited by mgb74; 06-11-2013 at 10:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin