Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,610   Online: 1124

Shooter
    Medium Format

Travelwide 4x5 Camera?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...wide-45-camera

I saw this another thread on if you bring your gear to work. Does anyone no the status of camera? How do you focus it since appears not to have view glass. It has my interest. Anyone?

ToddB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think there may be another thread on this project but I couldn't find it so I'll just reply.

I believe the focus is purely zone focusing. I see no reason why someone wouldn't be able to attach an accessory rangefinder to it however which would probably work pretty well. The lens they designed to work with this camera (which you have to find on your own) has a pretty wide depth of field so I think zone focusing would be rather easy.

I personally donated $10 to this project a little while back. I don't need the camera as I have a modified Polaroid that works really well as a "portable" 4x5 camera but I admire the spirit behind it so I wanted to lend my support.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/1...x5-camera.html

See above. The camera is funded--overfunded in fact. You can estimate focusing distance or use an accessory rangefinder. The camera will also come with a plastic focusing screen--useful for calibrating the distance scale with your lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My bad if I'm starting another thread. I briefly look on board and did't see it. But what cool camera!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw it's avaliable in December this year?

ToddB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    December is the worst case scenario--always a good idea with manufacturing timelines. We may get lucky and see it in the fall. It's most definitely a cool camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin