Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,475   Posts: 1,542,622   Online: 982

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HandHeld 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a Bull Dog 4x5 from England, I believe. It is a DIY kit made from brass and MDX board. They also make an 8x10 version. www.bulldogcameras.com

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jpreston View Post
    Looks like a Bull Dog 4x5 from England, I believe. It is a DIY kit made from brass and MDX board. They also make an 8x10 version. www.bulldogcameras.com
    I'm struggling to see any similarity with the Bulldog whatsoever. Can you explain what you're seeing that is similar? This appears to be a metal camera (sans the handles), whereas the Bulldog is mainly timber.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Almost looks like a law enforcement ID camera. If you always stood the subject of the photo in the same spot, and the camera was always in the same spot, you don't need much adjustment, probably don't want any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen a few cameras like this made from parts from othe cameras, not as difficults as you might think and very useable hand held.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemtography View Post

There is no movements on this 4x5 and it suppose to have a rangefinder up top but I removed it cause it was inaccurate.

I would put an accurate rangefinder on it, or calibrate the one you took off, and use it as a 4x5 camera, possibly not hand held but on a tripod.

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's pretty cool looking. Just use it for it's intended purpose or as a lightweight camera on a lightweight tripod. At least it has a GG. I've used Graphic's handheld that didn't have a rangefinder.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, it's possible to use the Graphics without the rangefinder, I do it all the time, it helps to use a setup that allows you a broad depth of field. I've gotten really good at estimating 6ft and just setting focus to that and using the viewfinder for framing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks really well made. I'd be interested in learning more about it, and interested in one if others were available. Looks like a great rig, sort of like a Chamonix Saber only maybe more well made ?

-Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin