Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,706   Online: 785

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Conley Safety Shutter Questions

I found a Conley triple(8"14"18") lens on a 5x7 but enjoy using it on my 8x10 Korona View. Does anyone have any info on the Conley (Wollensak) safety shutter (do I change speeds b4 or after cocking shutter?) & what sort of cable release can I use with this ? Thanks! Victor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20130422-02031.jpg  
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Use an air bulb and tube. The air piston inside often get stuck on these, or something gets bent and the piston isn't able to push hard enough. It is fairly easy to take it apart to clean the piston/tube.

I have had a shutter that looks like it. I think it was called Autex.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 04-25-2013 at 07:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks Jon. Will do. Do I change speeds before or after cocking the shutter?
    Last edited by Jersey Vic; 04-25-2013 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: different question
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic View Post
    Thanks Jon. Will do. Do I change speeds before or after cocking the shutter?
    Always always always set the speed before you @#!*% these shutters. On pneumatic shutters such as this one, Compounds, etc wait 15 or 20 seconds after cocking before tripping the shutter.

And if you do take it apart, don't oil the pistons.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, I would change the speeds before cocking. That is the general rule for shutters to be on the safe side.

I have not had one in several years, so don't remember about this particular shutter.

If you do take it apart, there is a little notched pin that the speed cam has to align with when you put it back together.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin